Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 90

Thread: Stimulus Package

  1. #31
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it takes multiple jobs to pay those bills then you are working at the wrong places. I have those same expenses, minus the gas bill, and I was able to live fine making $7/hr at Sykes. It can be done if you want it to be.</div></div>

    I dont want to just "make it"
    I want to get ahead in life. Takes work. I dont mind working for it.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    I understand that, But you just make it sound like that none of the above mentioned deserve anything. You must realize that the same programs that keep the truly needy(disabled, elderly) somewhat "afloat" are the same programs that benefit what I call the "check riders". It is virtually impossible with our system to distinguish between these people.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    No one label can be used to describe any group. There are lots of folks who get benefits and deserve every penny of it...and there are some that abuse the system. But, it's no different than any other thing...alot of folks cut corners and work harder trying to get out of work than they would working..lol. Anyways, that's how it is and always will be.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #34
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont mind working for it. </div></div>


    Then why complain about it?

  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one label can be used to describe any group. There are lots of folks who get benefits and deserve every penny of it...and there are some that abuse the system. But, it's no different than any other thing...alot of folks cut corners and work harder trying to get out of work than they would working..lol. Anyways, that's how it is and always will be.</div></div>

    Agreed. It will never change.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont mind working for it. </div></div>


    Then why complain about it?</div></div>

    Where in this thread am I complaining about working more than one job? Boney said he was getting tired of it. I referred to myself as working middle class and said nothing about the number of jobs I work.

    I'm not complaining about working - I prefer to work. I prefer to earn my way.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    I am glad you said that beast!

  8. #38
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    For all the proud Republicans on the board--that's how trickle down economics works--which is a staple of supply-side economics popularly agreed upon by the Republican party.

    The problem is, it's inherently flawed. Any money given as stimulus like this does NOT trickle down and help the lower parts of the economy so everyone can get stronger--it simply makes the rich that much richer, because guess who Chameque & Ray-Ray in the projects or Ellie Sue & Rufus Lee in the trailer park is going to spend this money with? Most likely, big business at their local mall or Wal-Mart. The proceeds of which go to the richer, bigger companies, and they use it more likely for expanding the upper part of their empires or to pad their own retirement packages...not raising wages or benefits for their employees (which would allow true trickle down to the tax bracket that needs it).

    This is stupid economics, as first year freshman at any college, or hell, any HS student taking Intro to Econ could tell you.

    The actual best approach would be to earmark these monies to be used for high-yield savings accounts so even if the poor became broke, they'd have some type of supplement to help in hard times. The little man would have control over the savings, and the bigger banks would have to pay interest on the money. That will never happen though because the poor will want to have money in hand and banks would pitch a fit over having to pay out so much interest.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    I didnt imply that you were complaing about it in this thread. Ive seen some posts by different posters, including yourself, mention working multiple jobs to pay for expenses before. I have also seen the majority of those posters, yourself included, complain about the fact that it does take multiple jobs to live. That is why I asked the question. If you are comfortable about it then why complain?


    Im not trying to be rude or anything, Im just asking a legitimate question. It doesnt matter to me if you work more than one job or not.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    I'd rather have multiple jobs than no job at all. If I didn't enjoy at least some aspects of my work I'd be insane.

    Yes it can get annoying at times and can wear a person down, but I'm better off for it. My bills are paid and I'm working on getting ahead in life. I'm not banking on social security to take care of me in my old age.

    I work to take care of the whole picture, not just the bills that have to be paid this month. Many people my age have completely forgotten that retirement is just about 30 years away.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •